From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Vegas - day 2

Written Monday 26 May

Oh my god. Had the BEST day today, we lucked out massively. The first awesome thing to happen today was we got an invite to a private pool party at the Mirage. Get in!! We'd initially gone to have a look around - the taxi driver from the hotel said there were tigers inside! - and were being proper tourists taking photos when a guy who worked there asked whether we wanted one altogether. Always - et voila, invitation secured, it's as easy as that! It was pretty sweet inside (people sporting nipple tassles and little else aside) and we got plied with free drinks - score & Bud Light now has a new fan - in addition to free entry! Felt very exclusive for the hour we stayed and then left to try our luck on the slot machines where I won a grand total of 25 cents. Think the winner's luck went to my head because the next thing I knew I'd lost $40 on roulette. Whoops...

Taxied back to the hotel before we blew any more cash and spent a very lazy late afternoon by the pool, which is incidentally the coolest I've ever seen - as in the adult water slide goes through a shark tank. Say whaaat - whoever designed these hotels are truly innovative people. Because we crashed out early last night we decided tonight would be our big one out in Vegas. Our tour leader managed to wangle us free VIP entry to a renowned club called XS in Encore to see Zedd DJ!!! Having recently gone through a phase of having that Stay the Night song permanently in my head, I was SO excited, and the evening didn't disappoint. This was despite the fact that I was starting to get tired before we even left (the 40 degree heat takes it out of you) and so prelashed on water. Very cool I know. Had 2 free drinks at the club so was practically sober but I was going MENTAL - the music was epic, the atmosphere was electric and it was ridiculous amounts of fun. Plus they played Bastille twice, making me one very happy lady. Screamed so hard I'll be surprised if I have a voice tomorrow. Stumbled back absolutely shattered at half 3, bed at half 4...a whole 3 hours of sleep and then a 5 hour trip to the Grand Canyon, oh dear. When our tour leader first said to us to bear in mind that we would be leaving at 8 when we rolled in at 4am the night before, my first thought was what idiots would do that to themselves? Ahem... So worth the lack of sleep though, it was literally the best night ever - and all for free!