From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Thursday 15 May 2014

Rio - day 2

Written Monday 12 May

One and a half days is NOT enough in Rio. Why this thought didn't strike me during the booking process perplexes me and am seriously gutted that I have to leave this evening. I think a part of me thought that I'd want to scarper to the safety of the States after 6 weeks in South America when actually I could quite happily set up camp here for a long while. I'm already planning my return - 2016 will be the year of Argentina, more of Brazil and Carnaval! Apparently Jan and Feb are the best months to hit Rio weather wise and it just so happens Carnaval falls into this period... Would like to do it in 2015 but I want to be in Asia/Oz around that time, it's a toughie! Although love that this is the most difficult decision in my life at the moment!

Had a gorgeous day today, spent the vast majority of it sunbathing on Copacabana and Ipanema beaches with a couple of people from the group and some of the tour CEOs - was lots of fun! Really can't emphasise enough how much I want to stay. Even looked into changing my flight but it would have set me back £900! Night flight to New York it is...