From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Friday 23 May 2014

Hollywood - day 3

Written Thursday 22 May

Minion madness is the best way to summarise the day! Felt bad about doing nothing yesterday when I should have been seeing Beverly Hills & Bel Air etc so was glad to get my dose of big screen Hollywood today. Universal Studios was amazing - the rides were roller coasters and simulators combined with loads of screens and special effects to make it super cool. Minion Mayhem was obviously my favourite, especially the interactive dance party at the end where you can join a conga line of minions :) Had to resist buying a 'whaaaa?' t-shirt and other such paraphernalia from the various stores but didn't hold back when it came to photos - think we were more excited than the little kids in the queues, disgraceful. 






Happy days! We also did the studio tour which was really cool: saw the Wisteria Lane set where Desperate Housewives was filmed; loads of other sets like War of the Worlds, Bruce Almighty & Jaws; and learnt about the power of cameras that can make model boats look like huge ships in King Kong & turn 50ft buildings into skyscrapers. Really cool day out!


Hot footed it downtown to my hotel for the night - sad to leave my roomies at BB but not sorry to leave Hollywood in the slightest. Although having said that, downtown LA is equally dodgy - popped out for 15 to grab snacks & water and was actually quite surprised I made it back to the hotel alive/with all my belongings. Such a shame as I was certain I was going to love LA but I just don't know...would have been nice to have another day to explore it properly but the tour starts tomorrow at half 7, so for now just going to enjoy being in a comfy bed in a private room - luxury!