From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Monday 19 May 2014

New York - day 6

Written Sunday 18 May

Ugh, THAT'S why I didn't want to drink on my travels. Sob. Woke up very late and managed to drag my ass to Katz's Deli which I've heard good things about - plus it's 'that' restaurant from When Harry Met Sally. Everyone seemed to be ordering the pastrami sandwich so I just went with it...not sure whether it was the insane amount of meat, the fact that the pastrami was listed just above the liver on the menu or general hangover bleh, but I never want to see pastrami ever again, it was so grim. And it came with an entire plate of pickles, vom fest. Escaped from the craziness and headed to Brooklyn Bridge armed with my camera and an enormous cup of tea - needs must! Took a long time to walk there from the hostel but it was so worth it, gorgeous views :)

 


 


Walked through the hostel door into complete pandemonium (karaoke and free pizza = lobby completely rammed) and was serenaded by Dirty Dancing guy singing a VERY cheesy song. Everyone was staring eeek but was very cute, how could I possibly say no to drinks afterwards? A date in NYC...not a bad way to end an incredible week! Can't believe it's my last day tomorrow :(

P.S. Think I might have broken my little toe...someone trod on it with their stiletto at the rooftop bar yesterday and it hurts like a bitch...not good when I've got a 3 week tour with Trek America coming up!