From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Friday 16 May 2014

New York - day 3

Written Thursday 15 May

I'm slowly but surely falling under the spell of New York. Which surprises me since I was almost certain I wouldn't like it/find it hugely impressive. I can't explain what it is exactly but I'm just getting good vibes and I feel at home after a mere 3 days - I think the ease of getting around makes you feel like a local quicker than most other places.

Spent the morning catching up on the blog and the afternoon in Starbucks - got to be done! - and walking around doing a few admin bits and bobs. Debuted my new trousers on admin missions and within 10 minutes of leaving the hostel was asked out for a drink by a random on the street! Epic and they are now my official pulling pants, if you will... Love how much more open and confident people are here, it's such an attractive quality :)

Great day then had the BEST evening in Ellen's Stardust Diner which was recommended to me by at least 3 different people. It's your not-so-typical American diner, where budding and returning Broadway stars serve your meal while belting out classic tunes from the stage. Amazing talent with voices that left me picking my jaw up off the floor - so so glad we went!




Strolled back to the hostel through Times Square which looks STUNNING at night. Even at midnight there were people everywhere, loads of stores were open and there were so many lights it felt like daytime! Was a weird but cool sensation and will hopefully be going back tomorrow for a proper night out. Excited!