From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Friday 9 May 2014

Ilha Grande - day 1

Written Friday 9 May

Well that was an interesting start to the day...certainly gave a whole new meaning to hello travel bug!



With just a few days to go until I leave South America, I really thought I'd make it without getting the dreaded traveller's sickness but apparently it wasn't to be!
Woke up very suddenly at around 3am and spent the next 3 and a half hours throwing my guts up...etc (will spare you the details!). Was worried I may not be able to travel but got to Ilha Grande in one piece and things seem to be starting to calm down... Hope it's better for tomorrow so I can at least get out to explore, although it's been raining today and same forecast for tomorrow so not the end of the world. Nap time...!