From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Tuesday 1 April 2014

20°C and I've got cold feet

2 days to go and I think there's something wrong with me...I'm STILL not excited! Being one of those people who tend not to get hyped up about holidays until I'm actually sat on the plane, I'm not toooo worried, it'll come - once I manage to hurdle the giant wall of nerves blocking the way. Had a bit of a wobble on Sunday eve; a 'what the hell am I doing' sort of moment. It was a tough day to be fair - moving out of my lovely house in Windsor and bidding emotional see ya's to some VIPs in my life - which probably didn't help. I know everyone says the best way to travel is solo but I actually wish I was going with someone, even just for the first leg, to calm the nerves which are currently coursing through my veins and wreaking absolute havoc as I write! So yes, bit of a wobble - but as many of us know, you're your own worst enemy late at night and I woke up feeling a lot better about everything on Monday.

Okay. Enough wallowing. I reckon once I get there it'll be fine - lots of new things to see and do, my tour group to meet...and the anticipation part will be over. Plus (as I keep having to remind myself) I would much rather be globetrotting out of my comfort zone than stuck in the 9-5 rat race - an 18 month stint was more than sufficient! Depending on how this goes, I may not say no to setting up camp overseas for a little while...

In the meantime, I've got packing to do - up to 14.5kg eeek! Just a few more bits to throw in roll up tightly and position incredibly carefully to maintain some sort of order, and I'm done!