From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Sunday 8 June 2014

Zion and van appreciation day - day 14

Written Thursday 5 June 

Didn't end up going for the walk in the end - google imaged it in the morning (Angel's Landing) and on the first row of images there was an almost vertical rock face with chains to pull yourself up - no ta! Plus I've got an annoying blister on my foot and I really don't want to make it worse before Yosemite. Had a lovely lie in (until half 8!) instead which was so good :) Some of the group were banging on about how I'd regret not going - hate when people do that! I know what I want to do and what I don't & can decide for myself thanks v much! Sigh.

Rest of the day was spent in the van, 9 hours of desert driving... Since I was upfront I was on DJ duty -thought I was doing a good job until we stayed playing 'Would you rather...?' and someone posed the question 'Would you rather listen to Jenny's iPod all day every day or have a constant headache?' and someone replied 'Isn't that the same thing?'. Boooo! Drove along the Extraterrestrial Highway - pretty cool although just looked like a regular highway - and then set up camp before sipping beer and looking up at the stars from the hot tubs on our site. Was such a cool experience - despite the very basic nature of the site in general (portaloos, limited running water) could stay here for another night quite happily. Yosemite tomorrow, finally!!