From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Monday 9 June 2014

San Francisco - day 17

Written Sunday 8 June

Went to bed feeling really quite unwell - stomach playing up again and absolutely shattered from another long day - but luckily woke up feeling better. Bit annoyed at someone in my cooking/washing up team (we're split into groups of 3) because apparently he got mad that I didn't show for washing up duty, despite the fact that a) I was feeling like crap and b) he jumped straight in the hot tub rather than helping out with the cooking on Thursday... Didn't hear what he said because I practically passed out after dinner but I imagine it wasn't very nice. He did apologise this morning but tbh I'd rather just not have known he'd been bitching. One of the downsides to group treks I guess. So glad we're in a hostel and eating in restaurants for the next 2 days, definitely need a break from camping and some of the group! Blah.

So, San Fran! Stopped off at Treasure Island for lunch - great views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge shrouded in the famous fog. The adjacent collection of tall buildings and the water reminded me of New York :) Drove to the bridge after food and power walked across (it was freezing cold in the fog!) before arriving at our hostel. Proper beds! Clean towels! Wi-fi! So good being back in a hostel for a couple of days :)




Went on a 'sunset sail' i.e. a prelash party boat where we drank wine, ate cheese and watched the sun go down in San Francisco bay. Was so awesome - epic start to a much needed big night out. Gonna be feeling it tomorrow... Also feel the need to document the fact that I had my first corn dog! Had no idea what it was before and obvs it's a must do. It was SO good, deffo on a par with mac n cheese wedges.