From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Monday 11 May 2015

Back in Straya: chilling out in beautiful Brisbane :)

If I've been away for a while, the descent into London always puts a smile on my face - I am home. 

I had the same feeling when I flew into Brisbane from Auckland; I was back in Australia, I was home :) Even the smallest thing like a quick trip to Coles made me happy that first day - everything was back to being familiar, the weather was beautiful and I felt a sense of belonging. I love it here!


Normally I'm really good at exploring new places but to be perfectly honest I couldn't be bothered doing much at all in the city, so spent most of my time lazing by the city beach and lagoon:



And strolling around the rest of the South Bank which is just lovely:



After 2 days of chilling, I travelled an hour out of the city to Victoria Point to stay with a school friend of my mum's and her family for a few days. From the second I got picked up from the train station to saying my goodbyes, I had the best time - it was so nice to catch up, feel like part of the family, have my own room, enjoy home cooked meals & meals out and generally be looked after for a few days! I even managed to catch up on all the new Game of Thrones episodes including today's - now I can relax for a week without worrying about spoilers!


A champagne welcome!

I discovered a newfound love of macadamia nuts - and tofu later in the week 
Surfer's Paradise

Burying my feet in the sand so I look taller. Needs must 

aaaaand back to being a short arse


Between strolls on the beach, leisurely lunches, visiting a gorgeous eco-village, beautiful sunsets, kangaroos & wallabies, good company and all the home comforts, I'm really sad to leave! It's been wonderful and I've been spoilt rotten with wine, bubbles, meals out and lovely home cooked food. I have to start working my way up the coast to make my Fraser Island and Whitsundays trips, although I have an open invitation so might pop back at some point :) Next stop, Sunshine Coast!