From England to Ecuador and beyond

From England to Ecuador and beyond

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Bananaaaa and other things

My minions are coming to the end of their life span :( 


Boooo. Impressed with how long they've lasted though - got them painted in April! And yes...I know I've got weird feet.

Other than the dawning realisation that I won't have minions on my toes forever, the first night here went well - a really sweet Canadian couple invited me to sit at their table during dinner (I'd gone down to the restaurant on my own - waiting for tour buddies to arrive) and in addition to super interesting conversation (all from my side of course), they also said they'd ask their personal guide to take me to the national museum tomorrow morning to make sure I actually get out of the hotel. How nice?! Turns out someone I met in the Galápagos back in April is in Kenya and actually planning to go to the museum tomorrow as well...! Funny how things work out eh. Quite fancied the National Park for a pre-safari experience but it's €150! Museum it is. Apparently the grounds are really nice and are home to a number of wild birds, which, if anything like the species I saw earlier, will be pretty sweet!